top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are your rates?

A: Rates vary depending on complexity. Personal tax returns start at $200 and business returns (Schedule C or Schedule E) start at $500.


Q: Do you prepare small business tax returns?

A: Yes, I specialize in preparing Schedule C and rental property tax returns.


Q: How long will it take for you to complete my return?

A: The timeline varies. Basic returns typically take 2-3 business days, while Schedule C or rental property returns take 7-10 business days, depending on how quickly we receive all necessary tax documents.


Q: How long will it take to receive my refund?

A: The IRS says that most filers will receive their refund in 21 days. I always tell my clients they can expect their refund to be direct deposited within 3-4 weeks. There are, of course, circumstances where refunds may take longer.


Q: How do I submit my documents to you?

A: You will be provided a secure link via email.


Q: How do I get a copy of my tax return?

A: A copy of your return will be provided to you upon completion of your return and payment of your tax prep fees.


Q: Are you able to prepare taxes for any state?

A: The only state I cannot prepare taxes for is Hawaii. And I am limited to nine (9) New York returns per tax year.


Q: What if I owe the IRS or my state money but can't pay right away?

A: I can help you set up installment agreement requests for both agencies.


Q: What if I have questions for you after my return has already been filed?

A: Tax prep fees include up to one hour of consultation with me throughout the year.


Q: What if I receive a letter from the IRS or my state agency?

A: My services include audit defence. However, most notices can be resolved with a letter or phone call.


Q: What are your communication guidelines?

A: I almost exclusively communicate through email so that I can consistently and accurately document the flow of information between us. Calls may be scheduled when necessary.

bottom of page